When you are renting your self storage unit you have to keep certain things in your mind. The cost of the unit is definitely one of them. You must keep in mind that you have to use the storing space optimally, so that you do not spend extra for any unused space. The price is directly related to the size of the unit. For a large unit you have to pay more. But, if you plan ahead and make a schedule of how to organize your storing unit, then plenty of articles can be fit into a comparatively smaller sized unit. Thus you can have cost effective storing for your articles.
You must be aware of two important things while organizing your self storage unit . First and foremost, you have to place your articles in such a way that you can access them easily whenever you require them. After completing a hectic storing process, you might find that your most important tool box has been kept at the most inaccessible portion of the unit. Another important aspect of your storing is the proper protection of your items. While packing up and organizing the unit, you must be very careful to provide the safest and secured condition for your belongings. You can not afford to damage or destroy your valuable items, by paying the storing fee for a professional center.
Here is a list of things you might consider for organizing your self storage unit properly.
• If you think that the floor of the unit is not properly cleaned, then dust it properly and lay down plastic sheets or boards to protect your items from dust and humidity.
• In case of single heavy items or heavy packing boxes, you can use the trolleys supplied by the storing unit. Some facilities offer this service at free of cost, whereas some do accept a small charge for this.
• Leave some space for accessing the items at the back. You can either leave a walkway at the center or keep the boxes or the items at the center and leave space beside the wall.
• The largest items must be kept within the self storage unit before anything else.
• For stacking of boxes, keep the heaviest box at the bottom and lighter boxes on top of them. Thus, your lighter items will not get damaged by heavier items.
• To maximize the usage of space, keep the same sized boxes or items together.
• Maintain a little distance from the wall while storing the boxes. Many times the walls get dampened, which might transfer to the items creating moulds within the items. Also, there should be some ventilation within the unit.
• Make a list of items which you might require often and keep them at the front side of the unit for easy access.
• Do not keep anything leaning on the wall of the self storage unit .
• Level all the boxes mentioning the contents of the box and place the level in such a way that it could be visible.
• Put plenty of insect repellants, moisture absorbers and air fresheners here and there to keep the unit fresh, clean and dry.
• Finally, do not put any vulnerable article within the store. Try to abide by the discipline of the storing company. This is going to be good for the wellness of your items.
Ventura Self Storage
Vista Self Storage
Tweet This Post