Have you ever thought about starting a self storage business? A self storage business has a lot to offer your community and yourself financially. A business such as self storage, if done correctly, could benefit all the people in the area that did not know that such a thing existed. There is a lot of need for self storage these days, why not take advantage?
The first thing you do if you want to start a self storage business is pick up a pen. A pen you say, why a pen? Well, you pick up the pen and write down what you are expecting out of this business. You write down your goals and your aspirations. No business is successful without proper planning. Make sure you plan correctly and before you jump into it, you know what to expect.
After you have written down your goals, aspirations and dreams to start a self storage business, you have to do some research. You have to take some time to find out about the area in which you want to put a self storage facility into. These are some questions that you should ask yourself:
• How many other self storage companies are in a five to ten mile radius of your area?
• Will your potential location be easily accessible to most residents that could use your facility?
• Based on the population, how many units (and sizes) do you need to have on your property?
• How much should you charge per unit that you have?
• How much staff do you need to hire in order to care of your customers?
• What should your security look like? Will you have door alarms, a fence, etc?
As you see, the questions above are some of the necessary questions that you need to ask yourself if you want to start a self storage company.
The questions above are just some of the questions, and the questions are the easy ones to answer. You can find those answers after doing some research for a couple of days to a week. The harder questions still need to be answered such as:
• How will you get the money necessary to start a self storage company?
• Which construction company will you use?
• What time of year do you begin?
• Do you have collateral if your company does not succeed (if you take out a loan)
• Is the area in which you want to build appreciating?
It is not easy starting a self storage company.
Understand one thing. No one has the secret formula to starting a self storage company. Many people have tried and many people have failed. On the other hand, many people have succeeded. Everyone goes through their rough patches, but they press on to achieve their goals. You have to be that one, which will stop at nothing to get to where you want to be.
A self storage company can be profitable to whoever decides to take on the responsibility. It would be smart to hire someone who can run the day to day operation of the facility. You can choose to do it yourself but at the same time, do you have the time to do it? Make the right decisions when it comes to starting a self storage company. As you see above, there are many questions that you need to ask yourself.
Kentucky Self Storage
Kansas City Storage
Tweet This Post
Disclamer: This entry is intended to promote our partner StorageMart and some or all participants received compensation.
Subscribe via RSS