Viewing Profile: jeff
Latest Posts by jeff
Self Storage While Serving Your Country
Serving your country is one of the highest honors that a person can do. No matter what position you serve in the military you know that what you are doing is making a difference in the lives of the people that you serve to protect. The military can also provide you a chance to see the world. While it is not a vacation and you don’t get to choose where you want to serve you can see some of the beauty of the world while on the job. Moving around so much and being away from your friends and family can be extremely hard. So what happens when you decide to join the military and you will be gone for a year or longer? What do you do with all of your belongings? Here are a few ways that a self storage facility can serve you with a safe and secure location to store your possessions while you are serving your country.
- If you are going to be deployed for an extended period of time you may want to consider where it is that your possessions will be kept while you are away. A good self storage facility will offer you the security and safety that you need to be able to leave your stuff behind and not have to worry about it while you are away. You can rest assure that it will be there waiting for your safe return.
- Something that many people may not know is that many self storage locations offer a secure place to park your car. While you are training or being deployed you will need a safe place to park your car. With a good self storage location you can get secured gates on and off the property as well as video surveillance to make sure that your car is awaiting your return. Some facilities have indoor parking and some have outdoor parking depending on the location.
- With your stuff safely stored away in a self storage unit when you return home you can take your time in returning to civilian life and finding a place to live. You won’t be rushed to find a place to move all your stuff into and possibly make a bad housing decision. You can take your time and find the right place for you to live your civilian life in knowing that your stuff is safely stored away in your self storage unit.
Everyday men and women across this country choose to do the most selfless act and live their life in service to their country. Serving to protect and defend freedom that many not be able to protect themselves is one of the highest honors that there is today. While you are away and serving your country let a self storage unit hold on to your stuff until you can return safely and return home, or let us park your car until you return. Let a self storage location work to protect your belongings while you work to protect the people. Whether you are the general or the person who swabs the decks we thank you for your service. Let self storage facilities be the answer for your storage needs while you are away, and when you return your stuff will be safe and secure just like you left it.
One Plus One Equals Self Storage
There are many exciting things that can happen when things are added to your life. It may change the flow or direction of your life, but it is usually a good change. Here are a few examples of how addition can be a good thing in life and how having a self storage unit can help get through the transition phase.
- One good change that can happen in your life is the combining of two lives in marriage. The feelings of love and happiness can be some of the best feelings that you can experience. With all the celebration happening with planning the wedding and thinking about your bright future together many couples fail to think about how they will be combining two house holds into one space. Often a couples first apartment or house together may not be the mansion that you both dream of and space can be quaint. As newlyweds you may not even notice at first. When you find yourself struggling to get your furniture combined with his bachelor furniture, or not having enough room to hang up all of your clothes and still leave him a few hanger spaces then you need to think about self storage. A self storage unit can help you get some extra room in your first place together and he will be able to keep his bachelor furniture in storage. You may even be able to pack a few items away from the closet so he can have a little piece of closet space as well. A self storage unit can be the solution for your new lives together.
- One of the biggest additions that can happen to anyone is the addition of a baby or a child into their lives. There are so many ways these days to be able to add a child into your household. What ever way you choose to add this life into your hear and home you may find yourself in need of a self storage unit to help you adjust to the change. Before a baby comes into the home there is so much preparation to be done. Baby furniture has to be added and the baby will need room and space in which to grow. Having a self storage unit can help you to create the space that the baby and all of his or her furniture needs.
- Sometimes in life family members or friends may need a place to stay for a while. Situations arise and your loved ones may find themselves in a bind and in need of a temporary home. Offering them a place to stay can leave things a little cramped. With a self storage unit however you and them can get the extra space that may be needed to make it through the situation without living on top of one another.
Additions to the family or living situations can be some good times. Having a self storage unit can help you get through the transitions that much easier. With a storage unit you can get the extended space that your home may not provide in order to be able to make additions to your family. Just remember that when making additions the solution that you may be seeking is the addition of a storage unit.
Hints to Help You Find Your First Storage Unit
Often when people first think about getting self storage they are unsure of what questions they need to ask and where the best place to get a self storage unit is. Here are a few helpful hints when looking to become a first time renter of a self storage unit.
- Find the storage facilities in your area and look at their location. Which ones are convenient for you to access? Which are near your home or work that would not be an inconvenience to get to if you need to take something out of storage, or add something to be stored.
- Look closely at the amenities at each location. Do they offer security? Is there security cameras or a security gate? You want to see which location that offers you convenience also has the safety and security that you need to keep your stuff secure.
- After you have looked at location and amenities you can look at the price of the storage units that you need. If they have similar locations and amenities then the price may help you narrow down your list of possible self storage locations further. While many people think that price is the most important factor remember that you are getting what you pay for. If you find a deal that seems too good to be true it probably is. If a location offers lower prices than any one else they may not have the security that you need. Price can be a factor of your decision but it should not be the only factor considered.
- Once you have found the self storage facility that you have chosen as your storage solution you can consider what you have to store to decide on what size of storage unit you need. Do you just need an extra closet size space or do you need a larger room sized unit. If you are unsure of how much space you will need then call and ask what size unit is recommended for what you have to store.
- Make sure that when packing up your storage items that you wrap up any breakables or fragile things so they do not get broken on their way to be stored. It can also be helpful if you label the boxes so that you can find things easier. You can label it by content or by room that it goes in.
- Things like paintings and leather furniture are often better preserved if they are stored in a climate controlled unit. If you have these types of special storage needs then you need to make sure that any storage facility that you choose has the options available that you need.
First time self storage does not have to be a stressful experience. Look for storage facilities in your area and then narrow down your list by removing the locations that don’t have what you need. Visit the locations so you can see each property for yourself. You want to make sure that your stuff is safe and secure while in storage. If you choose the right location then they will be able to answer any further questions that you have about being a first time self storage renter.
First Time Renters and Self Storage
What is on your wish list for your first place? Is it in the downtown area of a big city, or a trendy suburb? How many bedrooms and bathrooms are on your wish list? Can you live with one closet or do you require much more space for your clothes? We all have our dream home, but our first home may not be up to our dream standards. Often the first house or apartment that you can afford on your own is not the biggest of accommodations. In fact sometimes it is better to get a smaller starter apartment so you can save up for a bigger first house.
When you find your first place whether it is an apartment, loft, or studio you may also find that you don’t have a lot of space. Storage is probably limited, closet space will probably be small and limited, and living space may be cozy. Many first time renters pick an apartment based on price points that they can afford and location to work or school.
When you find yourself living in your first place and needing some extra space then a self storage facility may be the solution to your problems. Prices are affordable and security is much better than the small unsecured basement location that your apartment complex may offer with the only security being a small chain link fence. With a self storage unit you can get the extra closet space, and storage spaces that your first place lacks. With a storage unit you can get that smaller apartment at the location you wanted and still be able to have space for all of your stuff.
Self storage units also offers you the chance to save up all the things that you will need in the future when you are able to save up and get a bigger apartment or purchase your first home. While your apartment may be too small for the couch that you found on sale, you can store it in your self storage unit and save it for when you get a bigger place.
While you currently may be eating all of your meals sitting on a bar stool at your kitchen counter, eventually you may have a dining room space and the table that you saw that you love will look great in that space. Until you get that space you can keep it stored safely in your storage unit. Maybe by the time you save up and move into that bigger apartment or first house you will not be left with an empty house and trying to save up to buy furniture for it you will have already bought the furniture to move in.
A storage unit is like an extension of your home. In the case of a smaller first apartment it can also serve as your closet space. Having storage space can make your first apartment much more enjoyable since it will give you space to live and to grow. When you do finally get your dream home you may find yourself being thankful for the great experiences and lessons that you learned in that tiny first apartment that you had. Now if you find that you dream home needs a little more storage space you will know right where to go to get it.
A Safe and Secure Storage Unit
Do you feel that your possessions are protected? Many people have security alarms for their home, up grade their door locks with dead bolts and key pad locks for their front doors, and security locks on the windows. We do everything we can to keep not only our family safe but our possessions as well. With home insurance we even have the knowledge that if something happens to your home you will be able to replace your stuff.
What about when you have stuff stored outside of your home? Don’t you want to make sure that just like your stuff is protected at your home it is additionally protected outside of the home in a self storage unit as well? Here are some ways that your self storage stuff can be protected just like your belongings in your home:
- Just like a front door lock a storage facility that has good security has either a gate with a personal access code or a key pad on the entry door with each renter having their own door code. This ensures that the only ones who are in the storage facility are the people who have a rental unit there. You don’t let everyone you know have a house key to your front door and at a storage facility only those that are suppose to be there have access. With each person having their own access code there is additional security so that there is not just one code for everyone to get in.
- At your house you have things like dead-bolts and secure door locks. You have locks on your door to try and keep people out. At your self storage unit you want to pick a strong lock. Disc locks are most often recommended for security to your storage unit. A good strong lock on your storage unit door will help insure that no one gets in without the key.
- Another good safety measure of a storage facility is having video surveillance. This monitors who is going in and out of the location as an extra precautionary measure to keeping your stuff safe and secure.
- Alarms add an additional layer of protection to your possessions. These can alert the manager to any problems on the premises.
As you can see a sign of a good secure storage facility is similar to a secure and safe home environment. We do everything we can to ensure that our belongings are protected in our home, and you want to make sure that anywhere that you choose to store your belongings outside the home has security measures as well. So when you are searching for where to rent a self storage unit look at these features when making your decision. Talk to the manager of the facility to see what they offer their tenants to make sure that their belongings are safe. Safety and security should be on the top of your list for things that you require from a storage facility. Once you find a location that has good security you can store your belongings and not have to worry about them. Self storage does not have to be a cause of stress if you find the right location. A little research of the locations in your area will make sure you make the right choice.
Student Storage: College Life Doesn’t Mean Small Spaces
College can be some of the funniest, craziest, and most exciting times in life. It is a time to really grow up and become who you are as your own adult. Many times it is some of the first times in life that you are responsible for yourself and making your own decisions. Not only are you continuing your education to build your future but the connections and friendships that you make in college can last a life time.
Life on campus can be a big change from living at home with your parents to living in a shared room and shared space with countless number of people. While you may have been able to go to your room when you wanted space at your parent’s house, it can be hard to find your own personal space in a dorm with roommates. Having no personal space can drive a person crazy.
If you choose not to live on campus your options are probably having a small apartment or loft space or renting an apartment with your friends and sharing the responsibility of the bills and rent. Whether you are living in a small space by yourself or shared space with your roommates you may find that storage space and closet space is small or non- existent.
So what can you do when you are living on campus and you have little to no personal space? Having a small closet and little space for your belongings can be one of the struggles of college life. To help off set the small spaces that college dorm life offers there are self storage solutions near campus that offers great affordability on a college students budgets. With a self storage unit college students don’t have to worry about not having enough closet space or space for their belongings that they want with them at college. A self storage space is also a great thing to have for winter and summer breaks. When you go home for winter break you don’t have to worry about your valuables being safe in the dorm room you can be assured that they are safe in your storage unit. When summer break comes along you don’t have to pack up all your extra stuff and schlep it all back home just to move it back in three months. With a self storage unit you can keep your stuff safe over the summer and not have to haul it home or back.
If you are living in an apartment with room mates you may find many of the same problems that students on the dorm face. Lack of personal space and closet space is common when sharing an apartment with friends during college. Even if you choose to live on your own one bedroom apartments or loft apartments don’t usually come with much storage space. When you find yourself looking for personal space in an apartment or storage space in a loft then a self storage facility is the solution that can fit your needs.
College life can be some of the best times in life. It is a big step to a bigger and brighter future and with the use of a self storage space it can also be a time in life where you don’t have to skimp on personal space.
Building Businesses With Storage Solutions
Today’s business world is different than it was twenty years ago and is moving towards people depending on themselves to make and create their dream jobs. More people are becoming an entrepreneur and instead of working to make money and success for someone else they are making their own successes. One way that people are saving money in starting their own business is by starting and running their business from their own home. Many people who start their own business rely on a self storage facility to help them run their home. Here are some of the ways that home based businesses are helped by utilizing a self storage unit:
- In order to begin the business you have to have a dedicated place to work. Many people look to turn a guest room or a basement space into a dedicated home office. Whatever space they choose to turn into their dedicated work space having a self storage unit to clear out the beds, clutter, or stuff can provide a work space that is well organized and clean to work in. with a storage solution you can create a work space and still be able to hold on your belongings that you move out in creating your work spaces.
- Working from your home you will have to have everything that you would expect from an office. Even though technology has come along way to making business less reliant on paper there still is a considerable amount of paperwork that needs to be kept and filed and organized in a way that is easy to access. Having a storage unit can offer you the perfect space to keep the older files or files that you wouldn’t need on a daily basis. With a self storage unit you can maintain your work space and keep it clean and organized so that you can work more efficiently.
- Having a self storage unit can help outside of the home office as well. Since you are running your business out of your home there may come a time when you need to entertain clients or suppliers or support personnel to run your business in your home. You not only want to have your office space looking organized and professional but you want to be able to maintain the rest of your house to be able to be organized as it is an extension of your home office space.
- If you have any type of inventory or product for your business you will realize that it can quickly overtake your home storage spaces. To be able to run your business better and more effectively it can help a great deal if you utilize a self storage unit to help with maintaining inventory. Having a dedicated self storage space for inventory will keep you from storing it in different locals in your home.
As you can see having a self storage unit can greatly increase your ability to run your home based business in a more efficient and effective manor. You will be able to have an organized office space in which to work and your home can become your office. What a short commute that would be. Self storage solutions offer you the opportunity to become your own boss and build up your own success.